Sunday 29 January 2012

Show and tell

On Friday I spent a lovely day with my eldest sister Joy in Brighton. We didn’t grow up together as there are 14 years between us and she literally had my first niece 18 months after my mum had me. My nieces and I grew up together and spent quite a lot of time together, so in a way we were more like sisters. Its funny though, as we have grown older we have grown closer and now have so much in common, the only thing she doesn’t get is Cath Kidston – I know, how could you not I hear you cry!

We love the North Laines in Brighton and that’s always our first port of call, there are lots of little shops selling unusual items, one offs and lots of vintage items, although being Brighton they are always totally overpriced. Discovered the best fudge shop in the world "Roly’s", they do have other branches all over the country. My Nanny and Mum used to make fudge (basic ingredients are evaporated milk and castor sugar) and this is the closest thing I’ve ever found to it. The smell is something else in the shop. Will defo be going back there for LOTS more. Sorry no piccies as have scoffed it all.

Last shop we went visited there was a jewellery (of the junk kind!) shop called Riley and Dowse. I fell in love with a necklace but walked away to “have a think about it”. Had a ponder and decided that I couldnt live without it and later went back for it.

Then we headed up to the main shops (well TK Maxx, Primark and Lego Shop). We don’t really venture up this end of town, we can visit most of the shops at a more local town for shops like that!

By now we were ready for lunch. We wandered down to the old Lanes to a pub that we have been to before, what a bargain lunch. A pint, prawn sarnie, chips and side salad for a fiver. A fiver! Blooming lovely aswell. Leaving there stuffed we headed to Cath, lots of lovelies but nothing that I couldn’t resist bringing home.

By now it was time to make our way home so I could pick Will up from drama.

What a fab day out and am looking forward to our next trip in four weeks time to Chichester, oh what a shame, theres a Cath shop there too!!!

Oh sorry did you want to see some piccies of what I bought, oh go on then

My haul for the day

Lovely new towels

A little something for Valentines Day

Lovely new tea towels

This one may be framed

Lovely Christmas ribbon and dove cutter

Japanese tape

Mr Grumpy Big Bear necklace

Fab plates and cups for camping trips



Finally this is my latest project I'm working on. Can you tell what it is yet?






 Hope you all have a fab week and will catch up soon, big hugs, Dottie May xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Fab buys! I think I love that bear necklace most of all! He's amazing! Lovely to meet you and I was thrilled to come across you blog. Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, thankyou for your kind words. He is rather scrummy, apparently he's hand painted. I have added myself as a follower on your blog and will look forward to catching up with your blog later but housework and baking are calling at the mo. Will also try to add you at the side of my blog once I work out how to do it. Big hugs, Sam (AKA Dottie May) xxx

    ReplyDelete