Monday 23 January 2012

To cut or not to cut?


Today included a trip to town with Mum. I left mum mooching round BHS and shot to Oxfam to have a quick lookie at the books - I was looking for inspiration! You see I have this new obsession, making little cardboard houses covered in old books. Eventually they will be hung on a string at the windows (but dont tell Gavla, I know he wont be loving it, he just doesnt get it!).
These are the completed ones so far made vintage ladybird books and old maps. 
`


Well I came across this book in Oxfam, music sheets fantastic idea for my little houses I thought and only £2.99.


I trundled up to the counter to pay and the dear lady serving my said "Ohhh, thats nearly as old as me!" Inside the book was this inscription. A Grandma had given it to her Grand Daughter in 1933, 78 years ago!!!!


Now I am in a predicament, I dont know if I have the heart to cut it up but if I dont, it will just sit on a bookshelf unread and unloved. Whereas if I chop it up it will be enjoyed every day. So my question to you dear readers is what would you do? Toodle pip till next time xxx

2 comments:

  1. It's a difficult one methinks. On the one hand many of us cut up and recycle old linens and the like into other pretties but I would find it very hard to cut up such a book I think. Just my opinion. Dev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dev, thanks for your opinion. If the book were damaged I wouldnt have so much of a problem cutting it up, its still in tact and I think its gonna stay that way, well for now anyway! Just had a quick squize at your blog, looks fab, will be having a much through nosey later!!!! Big hugs, Dottie May xxxx

    ReplyDelete